Sunday, July 12, 2009

7/10/09 Festi-Hell

Every year during July the Catholic church has a festival to raise money for the church. Thats great and all, but it gets in my way and causes unnecessary amounts of stress. The problem is the church is on the same street as the shop. It's a different block, but everyone parks on our block so I have no place to park. Every year I get stuck working during the festival, last year I got out of it cause I went to a Pirates game.

Now if we had reserved parking there wouldn't be a problem, but the borough refuses to allow it cause "parking is limited as it is". So I'm stuck. It's become more of a challenge to me, as I basically spend the weekend spitting in the face of traffic laws. Parking everywhere from the corner of the street, to next to other worker's cars in the middle of the road, parking in no parking zones, and the coup de grace, parking on the sidewalk.

Now the other problem during this "hell weekend" as I call it, is people apparently feel extra holy after leaving and walk right out in front of traffic without a second thought. That and children. Kids just love to fuck with me during this weekend. I should keep a blood pressure monitor on during a festival shift to show how angry I get. I seriously wanna kill during this weekend. So after all that mayhem, I still have a job to do! Once I get away from Market St. It's smooth sailing since half of town is standing on the next block.

Totals: 31 deliveries for 97 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment