Wednesday, July 8, 2009

7/7/09 Fast Times At Fox's

The night started with my boss explaining to a co-worker what a mustache ride was, and that was just the beginning!

  • An older couple placed an order for 5:00, they called at 4:50 to cancel the order... Of course the pizza was on it's way through the oven, and we're not about to take a loss on a pizza. So they got there pizza but it was a sticky situation trying to explain why they had to pay for it.
  • I delivered to a guy who looked, acted, and came out of his house in a cloud of weed just like Jeff Spicoli.
  • The high-rise elevator had a "Obama for president" sticker in it... about a year to late for that. But it's nice to see someone around here supporting him. Unlike all those people and their tea parties... *cough* Bush spent more *cough*.
  • A cook caught 2 kids stealing pop, they've been doing it for awhile we just haven't had proof. That will change when we get security cameras... I know, your wondering "why are you just NOW getting cameras?" We're a small town and until recently we could trust the populace. Anyway the kids we're busted yelled at and let go, but the boss said to chop their hands off. I'll leave that for him to take care of.
  • A couple of workers have been hanging out together lately which is causing a storm of rumors. Everything from dating, to marriage is being thrown around. Happens every time. I remember when I was supposedly leaving my fiancee for a co-worker, of course that stopped when my fiancee got hired here.
  • I love when people don't realize the money they waste getting a 12" pizza on Tuesdays. Our 14" and 16" pizzas are $8.00 with one topping plus tax on Tuesday ($8.48). A 12" pie is $9.01 with one topping and that's with tax. But people still insist on getting the smaller pizza for more. It's only the most amazing special I've ever seen and people take it for granted.
  • Also, if you haven't realized already we don't have a manager, my boss is the owner of this franchise. When he's not around small decisions are made by seniority, anything else we call him to take care of.
  • After a short discussion, we decided to move the pop cases to a more visible location. They have to be out front because we have no room in the back. The new location should cut down on the thievery.
Anywho, totals: 25 deliveries for 65 bucks

2 comments:

  1. The question is, did the stoner tip well? I've had mixed results though generally older stoners tip great and younger ones tip shitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a kid, and all I got was weed smell on me.

    ReplyDelete