Thursday, July 2, 2009

7/2/09 Construction

I had a very unique delivery today, of course this unique delivery has been going on since they started building that damn bypass. Anyway, it's to construction workers. I've never met a more chaotic, out of order, socially awkward, group like the people building the bypass here.

It never fails I take a delivery to them and I get the same few things:

  1. The person who ordered just got sent in a forklift, that tops of at 5mph, to the other side of town.
  2. The person who ordered is operating a jack hammer and can't hear me calling.
  3. The person who ordered did not give a number and is AWOL.
  4. The foreman thinks he knows where random dude is so I go with him in his truck only to find out it was a guy in a forklift on the other side of town.
  5. I find the person, say my hellos, and get "mmmmpphhhmppphhhp" (random mumbling).
  6. Or I get a dick head who says nothing!
  7. I find the person and he talks, and talks, and talks, and talks, and dosen't tip.
  8. They pre-pay for their food but want me to deliver it to them, he says "just throw the stuff in the white bucket in the back of my truck" and when I go out there I notice that ten trucks in a row have white buckets in them...
  9. While going to the site I run over a screw.
  10. I get crazy ass directions involving train tracks and dirt roads.
That about sums it up. Totals 6 deliveries 20 bucks

2 comments:

  1. Man, really? Where I live I don't know of a pizza place that delivers to a no address; in order to get delivery you have to be at a real address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. Maybe we're just crazy or i'm too nice, but i'll deliver to anyone anywhere.

    ReplyDelete