Friday, June 12, 2009

6/12/09 Penguin Pie

Just finished my new and improved Friday, as in it's about 3 hours shorter. The boss decided we didn't need 2 guys on Friday mornings anymore, which is true. Anyway on to the night.

It started off with an hour and a half of zero deliveries. So I read Pizza Today magazine because I have never heard of Papa Murphy's, and now I wanna find one. So then I got my first one to a guy I refer to as 2 chicken fingers Larry because all he orders is 2 bags of chicken fingers. Got that done and then the rookie Jacob, the other delivery guy on Fridays, came in.

He's kinda like Hermey the elf that wanted to be a dentist in Rudolph in that he got hired to deliver but he prefers to cook. Which is fine by me cause I love to make money and he's willing to give me all the deliveries! So we get going, around 5 I send an update to twitter while traveling to a delivery saying that when the Pens/Red Wings play game 7 at 8, all hell is gonna break loose... And it did.

It wasn't horrible but it just happened, it all hit at once. Of course Friday has it's fair share of entertainment in the way of customers. We sell fish frys every week which brings in the old people by the ton. Nothing in life is more frustrating than a hard of hearing old lady who swears her fish, that literaly just came out of the deep fryer, is cold. Or when you deliver to a little old man who is sleeping on his porch and you get that quick thought in your head: "Is he dead?".

After all the geriatric get there food, then come the white trash. Wait, there's always white trash I live in PA... Johnsonburg has it's own unique group of people though. they live in a shack outside of town and if you've ever seen Wrong Turn they look like the people in that movie. Always an interesting delivery going there. All in all a good night though that capped off with another champion in Pittsburgh! Final tally 33 deliveries, $102 in tips.

Off till Sunday, tomorrow is my one Saturday off for the month which= massive drunkeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment