Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Non-Disgruntled Delivery Driver

So I was on Twitter this morning and seen a link posted by Pizza Today magazine:

http://www.apizzagirl.blogspot.com

and decided to create my own blog about delivery. The only difference is I actually like my job, for some odd reason, and want to give people an inside look at the delivery process in a small town.

So I'm delivering for a Fox's Pizza Den in Johnsonburg, PA. A little town most people have never heard of. It's a good job but what makes me like it is the atmosphere. It's a small town I deliver to the same people constantly, for example I recently got engaged and spent all day/night Friday getting congratulations from all the customers.

It still sucks at times. People will be assholes, My personal favorite is when I'm asked if the pizza is cold. It gets on my nerves but when I think I could be working in a factory or flipping burgers it brings me back to reality. I don't wear a uniform or have a big sign on my car. All I have is a shirt, that usually says "Have you had a good piece lately?" on it.

I'll have worked at Fox's for 4 years as of June 28th. I deliver, cook, clean deep fryers, answer phones, place commisary orders when needed, use my Serv-Safe certification to insure that we pass inspection, and do just about anything for money. Being in a small town is nice being that 9 times out of 10 theres only one delivery person so if I don't refer to another driver I was alone.

I think every time I work i'll update this blog with a posting about my night, or day. So stay tuned for future updates!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,I just came across your awesome blog. You may not be checking these comments any longer, but just in case...I edit WorkersWrite (see link below), a website that showcases the stories workers tell about their working lives. I’d like permission to reprint on our website your first post -- "The Non-Disgruntled Delivery Driver." Of course, we would credit you, and link back to your site. Please let me know if that would be okay. Thank you!

    Sincerely,
    Rose Imperato
    WorkersWrite
    workerswrite@gmail.com
    https://workerstories.org/

    ReplyDelete