Monday, June 15, 2009

6/14/09 Mr. Fox's

I no longer wish to be referred to as a delivery boy. No, after today I am "Mr. Fox's".

So earlier in the week the head of the recreational soccer league called about getting pizzas for the weekend, they've done it before so we knew what to expect. It was the usual 2 Big Daddys every 2 hours until the end of the games. What made this year interesting was the quotation above.

As I dropped off the first shipment and headed back to my buggy, a lady came out of the concession stand and said the following "Hey! Hey you! Hey... Mr. Fox's! We need napkins the next time you come up!" Take THAT Jim Fox, I'M Mr. Fox now. Ok, not really. I got them there napkins (AKA free advertising) on the next load of pie and was disappointed to find out I was just a delivery boy again... Woe is me.

Back at the shop we had a strange moment today. A woman came in and it was pretty obvious she was somewhere between shitfaced and bombed up. She stumbled in a yells "give me a big one" referring to our 21 slice sheet style pizza the Big Daddy. We took her order and then she went outside and walked about 2 feet into a tree. Now when you go out the front door it's not like you walk into a forest, theirs one tree on the block and she hit it. So then her friend comes in to tell us that shes very tired and needs to get some sleep... Riiiiight.

Final tally: 16 deliveries 48 bucks

P.S. When comparing my tips to Pizza Girl's it's pretty obvious that our gender has a lot to do with the amount of tips. I mean you can argue that it's middle of PA versus a city in Texas. But i'm just saying she makes more than me on less deliveries. It's a theory i've stuck by for years and this is just further proving my point... That point being that most guys are stupid horny pigs.

5 comments:

  1. It's unfortunately true that I probably make larger tips because I'm a girl. I've been trying to convince Malibu Ken for months that he'd make good tips too if he'd just wear some hotpants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's funny, when we compare tips at my place, the guys consistently make more tips than the girls. maybe if i was allowed to wear skirts and sluttier shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sexandpizza: my only guess would be that there are more old ladies than anything there. ohyouknowocto: Thanks! I'll continue trying to give %110 in the entertainment department.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it makes you feel any better I don't discriminate when I tip (based on gender...) But I don't think I've ever had a chick deliver my pie either...

    ReplyDelete