Tuesday, June 9, 2009

One Of Those Nights 6/9/09

First off, this idea took off quick haha. Thanks for the shout out Pizza Girl. I'll make an attempt to at least equal the entertainment value of your blog.

Now on to night one of this social experiment.

Wow! What a night to start posting about my deliveries! 29 deliveries and including delivery charges ($1.00 per delivery) I cashed out a sweet $106! Every once in a while I get a night where I feel like people are paying me to leave them alone with all the money they're tossing at me. Average for the night (Tips - Delivery Charges / Deliveries) comes to around 2.66 per delivery. Not too shabby!

Now, time for a little Pennsyltucky language lesson: Boogin

A boogin is, for lack of a better term: a complete moron, asshole, or just someone that dosen't bathe. It's the local language for cheap, lazy, smelly people.

So right off the bat my boss hits me with his trademark humor, one of our favorite boogins ordered before my shift so he took the order and wrote my last name on it and said "the wife ordered". Of course when I looked at the address I realized he was full of shit and on top of that I wasn't going to get a tip... Double wammy.

But after that it was all uphill, and then the penguins played and all hell broke loose. Thats the most basic description of my 7:00-9:30 deliveries, the rest is a blur. The only downfall of the night was the construction on one of the out of town roads we deliver to, I'm just gonna hope everyone out there picks up. But anyone who delivers knows how that works out. I was gonna stay after we closed to do some more cleaning before the inspector comes, but I'm too tired, maybe Thursday when I go to clean the fryers.

Well this has been fun, I hope to eventually work in a format like Pizza Girl's but I don't want it to be a rip-off so i'll see what I can come up with... Now back to working on my Wedding DJ business plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment