Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6/23/09 Clunker

If I were a quarterback, id be at a press conference telling everyone I was off my game today. And I promise to step it up next game. Well i'm not but I still stunk it up with rookie mistakes and other bullshit! Here's some of the things I did wrong:

  • I was consistently not paying attention and several times drove by my deliveries. I HATE DOING THAT MORE THAN ANYTHING!
  • I don't look at my slips when I deliver because I have all the addresses memorized, don't be amazed its pretty easy in a small town. Anyway so I look before I leave and that's it. This usually isn't a problem but it was tonight. I got to a fork in the road and my mind went blank... Of course I turned the wrong way. As soon as I did the address popped into my head.
  • I forgot to get gas before my shift so I had to break one of my cardinal rules, no gassing up on the job.
  • I couldn't focus on delivering cause my mind was elsewhere
That last one is why all that happened, I've got a lot going on in my life. I'm not getting into it on here, another rule don't mix pizza and life, but it lead me to a realization. I need a stress reliever, something to get away from life. And that thing is Golf. I've always wanted to play and I think I'm gonna ask my uncle to teach me. Today was pretty random:

  • I decided I will before I leave take a delivery on horseback. I've also said this about Segways and monster trucks.
  • I had a lot of things annoy me today, I yelled in my car quite a bit.
  • EDITED
  • I was a cook for my 11-1 shift, I like it but I always get a reality check when I think I can do both with equal skill. I suck at cutting hoagie buns.
  • EDITED
Totals: 23 deliveries 61 bucks

No comments:

Post a Comment